Tuesday, June 23, 2009

interview practice

boy in suit
photo by david wiley, by use under cc license.
I've done enough interviews over the last few years to learn that you can never practice for them too much. But I rarely spend time thinking about broader professional questions while I have a job. When I'm employed, I'm usually in one of two modes: impossibly overworked with no time for training, or deliriously enjoying pure non-work fun during a slow down.

However, since I've been thinking about starting a job hunt, it seems reasonable to put in some preparation. I'll use this page to post links to resources that I'm finding handy.
  • five essential phone screen questions by Steve Yegge. These great questions are motivated from the interviewer's side of things.
  • get that job at google by Steve Yegge, again. This blog post discusses interview preparation for a broad range of questions. What he describes would take months or possibly years to get through if you didn't already have a CS degree. But it helps to know what to expect and cram as much of this as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment